Ultra Low Temperature Extraction Chiller
Turn-key, premium-quality, domestically engineered and manufactured cascaded refrigeration system that provides robust cooling at temperatures as low as -80° C.
Applicable to a wide range of industries such as pharmaceutical and botanical extraction. Ideally suited for ethanol and butane extraction.
Fall 2022 *Limited stock available at discounted rate
Cascaded refrigeration systems are equipped with two separate refrigeration circuits using two different refrigerants. One of these circuits operates at warmer temperatures (> -20°C) while the other circuit operates at colder temperatures (-80° C to -20° C). The warmer circuit cools the low temperature circuit. This is the most efficient and powerful type of refrigeration system for cooling applications below -50° C.
The Aptia R900-ULT cascaded refrigeration system includes an onboard tank for coolant and a powerful magnetically coupled pump to circulate the coolant to your process and back. This powerful chiller delivers an incredible 7.2 kW of cooling capacity @ -60° C and 3.3 kW @ -75° C. Using the Aptia R900-ULT chiller to cool your extraction process can save you 1,500 kg / day of liquid CO2 or 3,000 kg / day of liquid Nitrogen. This is roughly $50,000 per month in savings. Aptia’s R900-ULT chiller provides incredible reliability and performance with an outstandingly short ROI.
- Turnkey refrigeration system with air-cooled condenser and onboard coolant tank and process pump
- Operating the chiller is approximately 35x cheaper than cooling with liquid nitrogen
- Domestically engineering and manufactured for premium quality and reliability
- PLC digital controller with alarm descriptions, alarm logging, and Modbus RS 485 communications
- Oversized ~8 gallon expansion tank provides room for fluid expansion, contraction, and backflow
- Outdoor rated for operation in -20 F to 110 F ambient conditions
Cooling capacity at 90° F ambient
(-76)° F / (-60)° C Coolant Temperature | 7.2 kW
(-103)° F / (-75)° C Coolant Temperature | 3.3 kW
Coolant Temperature Range
(-80)° C to 20° C
2 HP SS Magnetically coupled pump provides 25 GPM @ 20 PSID
PLC temperature controller; Modbus RS 485 capable for monitoring and control
460V, 3PH, 60Hz ~38 FLA
76″ L x 38″ W x 73″ H
Outdoor installation highly recommended
Country of Manufacture
United States of America
1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty